Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sharing the Message That We Believe in Christ!


Missionary experiences, in my past, have always found me. As time continues I've found that I must find them...but the rewards are far greater because of the effort and love I put into the search.
Living in Smithfield Utah, compared to other places around the world, has offered me the chance to look for opportunities to share the gospel. One such experience occurred due to the Ogden Temple dedication. Curiosity rather than theology instigated many discussions with our new neighbors from the Midwest so I cautiously invited them to attend the temple open house with our family.
We had a fantastic experience and they had many questions about the temple and eternal families. Their strong Southern Baptist background gave a foundation to a discussion that continued on my front porch later that night. As we shared our beliefs with each other and recognized the many similarities, the Spirit was present and we both felt that conviction. The sweetest moment was when this dear lady stated with conviction, "You believe in the same Jesus I do!". My mind cried out with a resounding "Yes!". These cherished neighbors have now moved back to the Midwest but I recently talked to them and they left with a solid understanding that we are all Christians and that we LOVE our Savior.
Missionary work is not simply a matter of baptizing those who are ready, they are making ready those to be baptized. I truly believe the Lord helped us to instill a seed that day and not just in them, but in me.
-Sister Noelle Harrild, Relief Society President, Smithfield 6th Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment